Monday 22 November 2010

22 nov : a few health problems(under construction)

a collar is still the name for putting on people with suspected neck injuries before putting them on stretchers.
-To sting stang stung: the translation is "picar" but it only refers to toxic animals or plants with special stings : I was stung by a wasp, bee, jellyfish, (medusa) nettle (ortiga) 
Otherwise, things BITE
cf snakes: poisonous ones have special hollow fangs.
-a stomach pump
-a Surgerycontable = false friend = la consulta de un medico, a place
(Surgery incontable =cirurgia)
-Put up with = stand= bear = aguantar, soportar
Usually with can/could:
I can't stand that doctor.I can't bear that doctor . I can't put up with that doctor. OR : when I was little I couldn't bear/stand/put up with injections.


-connected:TO SEW, NEEDLE AND THREAD, A STITCH, TO STITCH, TO STITCH UP, TO STITCH ON A BUTTON ETC.
EXAMPLE 

DAVE CONE'S MOTHERINLAW'S DOG BIT HIM, he had to have several stiches . They had to stitch him up. Frankenstein is the most stitched up fictional character ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment